• Where do I go to get a SIN number?
Service Canada - Information on SIN number

In Person: Check online for community schedules
Melfort Service Canada Centre
Nipawin Scheduled Outreach Site
Hudson Bay Scheduled Outreach Site
Zenon Park Scheduled Outreach Site
Porcupine Plain Scheduled Outreach Site 

By Mail:
Service Canada - Social Insurance Registration Office
PO Box 7000
Bathurst, New Brunswick, E2A 4T1
Note: You can only send by mail if you do not live within 100km of an office

  • Who should I talk to if I need help with my immigration papers/work permit?
Contact SINP

Saskatchewan Immigration Services  
Physical Address: 7th Floor-1945 Hamilton St, Regina, SK
Mailing Address: 1000, 2103-11th Ave, Regina, SK S4P 3Z8
Phone: (306) 798-7467 Fax: (306) 798-0713
Hours of operation: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm (Central Standard Time)

IRCC Call Centre: 1-888-242-2100 Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm

  • Who can help me with translations of me certificates/degrees?

  • Who can help me get my certificates/degrees assessed in order to be registered or certified with the regulatory body for my occupation? OR Who can help me get my certificates/degrees from my home country assessed to see how they compare to Canadian standards?

  • ​​​​Where can I have a document notarized?
You can find a Notary Public through
- Banks
- Insurance Brokers
- Lawyers

  • Where can I go to learn more English?
Visit our English Training page.​
  • Where can I get help with my job search?
Labour Market Services
Phone: (306) 953-2488 to book an appt near you


  • Where can I go to get help with my resume?

  • Where can I use a computer/free internet?
Northeast Newcomer Services
#1-904-99th St
Tisdale, SK, S0E 1T0
Phone: (306) 873-2672
Mon-Fri, 8am-4:30pm
    Any Public Library
    • Where can I learn about computers, typing, the internet?
    Cumberland College
    Melfort - Phone: (306) 752-8109
    Nipawin & Tisdale - Phone: (306) 862-9849
    Email an advisor
    • What are my options for financial assistance?
    ​​​​​​​​Child Care Subsidy
    A monthly subsidy available to help with the costs of licensed child care.
    Toll free: 1-800-667-7155

    Saskatchewan Employment Supplement (SES)
    Provides assistance for lower income families with children.
    Phone: 1-888-488-6385 or (306) 787-4723

    Saskatchewan Income Support
    General Line: 1-866-221-5200     
    Melfort Service Centre
    Phone: (306) 752-6100
    Toll free: 1-800-487-8640
    2nd Floor-107 Crawford Ave E, Melfort

    Family Health Benefits
    Assisting lower income families with the costs of raising healthy children.
    Toll free: 1-888-488-6385

    The Provincial Training Allowance (PTA)
    Provides income assistance to low-income adult students enrolled in full-time Adult Basic Education, workforce development or skills training programs. Individuals are only eligible to apply for PTA after being accepted in an approved training program.
    Toll free: 1-800-597-8278

    Frequently Asked Questions
    • ​Who do I contact to legally get married in Canada?
    Couples who want to marry must purchase a Saskatchewan Marriage Licence.
    For more information regarding marriages in Saskatchewan contact:
    Marriage Unit
    Phone: (306) 787-3869

    • Who do I contact when a family member dies in Canada?
    ​Here are some steps that can help you:
    1. If a doctor is not present, notify a doctor or coroner in order to obtain a death certificate. Contact your local hospital or doctor. See Doctors.
    2. If the death occurs at home, you may need to contact a local police officer or coroner. See RCMP detachments.
    3. Contact a funeral home for further arrangements.

    Barron's Funeral Chapel & Crematorium (Tisdale) - Phone: (306) 873-2124

    Tisdale Funeral Home -  Phone: (306) 873-4077

    Fedusiak Funeral Chapel & Crematorium (Melfort)- Phone: (306) 752-3838

    Melfort Funeral Home - Phone: (306) 752-2714

    Heritage Funeral Home (Nipawin) - Phone: (306) 862-3979

    Coventry Funeral Services (Nipawin) - Phone: (306) 862-4233

    Blair's Hudson Bay Funeral Home - Phone: (306) 865-3330

    Blair's Kelvington Funderal Home - Phone: (306) 327-4999

    Narfason's Funeral Chapel & Crematorium (Kelvington) - Phone: (306) 327-4477

    Peters & Narfasons Funeral Chapel & Crematorium (Naicam) - Phone: (306) 874-2376

    • Who can I contact to get help with funeral expenses?​
    Canada Pension Lump Sum Death Benefit
    The Canada Pension Plan (CPP) death benefit is a one-time, lump-sum payment to the estate on behalf of a deceased CPP contributor. As of January 1, 2019, the amount of the death benefit for all eligible contributors is a flat rate of $2,500. To apply, visit:

    If the deceased was at their job when they passed, the family should check for benefits available from the employer or union.
    Saskatchewan Worker's Compensation Board
    200–1881 Scarth St
    Regina, SK S4P 4L1
    Phone: (306) 787-4370
    Toll Free: 1-800-667-7590

    Helpful website:

    • Where can I go if I or someone I know is being abused?
    RCMP - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - Call or visit your nearest detachment
    Tisdale: 1302-102 St - Phone: (306) 878-3810
    Melfort: 1006 Main St - Phone: (306) 752-6420
    Nipawin: 119 Nipawin Rd E - Phone: (306) 862-2670
    Carrot River: 245-2nd St W - Phone: (306) 768-1200
    Hudson Bay: 201 Patricia St - Phone: (306) 865-5550
    Porcupine Plain: 343 Walnut St - Phone: (306) 278-8180
    Kelvington: 210-2nd Ave W - Phone: (306) 327-1200
    Rose Valley: 123-2nd Ave S - Phone: (306) 322-2550
    Naicam: 400-1st Ave - Phone: (306) 874-2142

    North East Outreach and Support Services - 24/7
    ​Phone: 1-800-611-6349

    Kids Help Phone - 24/7
    Phone: 1-800-668-6868

    Seniors Neglect & Abuse Response Line
    Phone: (306) 764-1011

    • Where can I get a cell phone/SIM card?
    RWB Communications
    1011-100 St, Tisdale
    Phone: (306) 873-2773

    The Source
    718 Main St, Melfort
    Phone: (306) 752-9522

    SaskTel Store
    109 Macleod Ave, Melfort

    Prairie Mobile Communications
    222 Centre St, Nipawin
    Phone: (306) 862-3164

    • Who do I contact to get a post office box to receive mail?
    Canada Post
    Most communities have a Canada Post Office, or offer Canada Post services within another business.
    Find your nearest Canada Post by searching online

    • Where can I open a bank account, or get a credit card, or a loan?
    Credit Unions in Tisdale, Melfort, Nipawin, Choiceland, White Fox, Carrot River, Gronlid, St. Brieux, Star City, Porcupine Plain, Hudson Bay, Archerwill, Rose Valley, Kelvington, Naicam

    RBC Royal Bank in Tisdale, Melfort, and Nipawin.

    Scotia Bank in Tisdale, Melfort, Nipawin and Hudson Bay

    BMO Bank of Montreal in Tisdale and Nipawin

    CIBC in Melfort

    TD Canada Trust in Melfort
    • Where do I go to send money to family in my home country?
    Western Union - Scotia Bank - Tisdale, Melfort, and Nipawin
    Western Union - H & R Block - Melfort
    Western Union - Money Mart - Melfort
    Western Union - Save U Foods IGA - Nipawin

    • I don't have enough money to pay my bills this month. Who should I contact for help?
    You should contact to utility company directly. Find contact information on our Housing page.

    For emergency cases you can contact Social Services - Saskatchewan Income Support (SIS)
    Toll fee: 1-866-221-5200 - general line

    • ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Who can I contact to learn about taxes and to complete my income tax return?​​

    Any accounting agency in your community.

    Contact Northeast Newcomer Services to a list of FREE income tax preparation locations each year. ​​