Service Canada - Information on SIN number
- Where do I go to get a SIN number?
In Person: Check online for community schedules
Melfort Service Canada Centre
Nipawin Scheduled Outreach Site
Hudson Bay Scheduled Outreach Site
Zenon Park Scheduled Outreach Site
Porcupine Plain Scheduled Outreach Site
Service Canada - Social Insurance Registration Office
PO Box 7000
Bathurst, New Brunswick, E2A 4T1
Note: You can only send by mail if you do not live within 100km of an office
- Who should I talk to if I need help with my immigration papers/work permit?
Saskatchewan Immigration Services
Physical Address: 7th Floor-1945 Hamilton St, Regina, SK
Mailing Address: 1000, 2103-11th Ave, Regina, SK S4P 3Z8
Phone: (306) 798-7467 Fax: (306) 798-0713
Hours of operation: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm (Central Standard Time)
IRCC Call Centre: 1-888-242-2100 Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm
You can find a Notary Public through
- Who can help me with translations of me certificates/degrees?
- Who can help me get my certificates/degrees assessed in order to be registered or certified with the regulatory body for my occupation? OR Who can help me get my certificates/degrees from my home country assessed to see how they compare to Canadian standards?
- Where can I have a document notarized?
- Insurance Brokers
Visit our English Training page.
- Where can I go to learn more English?
Labour Market Services
- Where can I get help with my job search?
Phone: (306) 953-2488 to book an appt near you
Northeast Newcomer Services#1-904-99th StTisdale, SK, S0E 1T0Phone: (306) 873-2672Mon-Fri, 8am-4:email@example.comAny Public Library
- Where can I go to get help with my resume?
- Where can I use a computer/free internet?
- Where can I learn about computers, typing, the internet?
Melfort - Phone: (306) 752-8109
Nipawin & Tisdale - Phone: (306) 862-9849
Email an advisor
Child Care Subsidy
- What are my options for financial assistance?
A monthly subsidy available to help with the costs of licensed child care.
Toll free: 1-800-667-7155
Saskatchewan Employment Supplement (SES)
Provides assistance for lower income families with children.
Phone: 1-888-488-6385 or (306) 787-4723
Saskatchewan Income Support
General Line: 1-866-221-5200
Melfort Service Centre
Phone: (306) 752-6100
Toll free: 1-800-487-8640
2nd Floor-107 Crawford Ave E, Melfort
Family Health Benefits
Assisting lower income families with the costs of raising healthy children.
Toll free: 1-888-488-6385
The Provincial Training Allowance (PTA)
Provides income assistance to low-income adult students enrolled in full-time Adult Basic Education, workforce development or skills training programs. Individuals are only eligible to apply for PTA after being accepted in an approved training program.
Toll free: 1-800-597-8278
Frequently Asked Questions
Couples who want to marry must purchase a Saskatchewan Marriage Licence.
- Who do I contact to legally get married in Canada?
For more information regarding marriages in Saskatchewan contact:
Phone: (306) 787-3869
Here are some steps that can help you:
- Who do I contact when a family member dies in Canada?
1. If a doctor is not present, notify a doctor or coroner in order to obtain a death certificate. Contact your local hospital or doctor. See Doctors.
2. If the death occurs at home, you may need to contact a local police officer or coroner. See RCMP detachments.
3. Contact a funeral home for further arrangements.
Barron's Funeral Chapel & Crematorium (Tisdale) - Phone: (306) 873-2124
Tisdale Funeral Home - Phone: (306) 873-4077
Fedusiak Funeral Chapel & Crematorium (Melfort)- Phone: (306) 752-3838
Melfort Funeral Home - Phone: (306) 752-2714
Heritage Funeral Home (Nipawin) - Phone: (306) 862-3979
Coventry Funeral Services (Nipawin) - Phone: (306) 862-4233
Blair's Hudson Bay Funeral Home - Phone: (306) 865-3330
Blair's Kelvington Funderal Home - Phone: (306) 327-4999
Narfason's Funeral Chapel & Crematorium (Kelvington) - Phone: (306) 327-4477
Peters & Narfasons Funeral Chapel & Crematorium (Naicam) - Phone: (306) 874-2376
Canada Pension Lump Sum Death Benefit
- Who can I contact to get help with funeral expenses?
The Canada Pension Plan (CPP) death benefit is a one-time, lump-sum payment to the estate on behalf of a deceased CPP contributor. As of January 1, 2019, the amount of the death benefit for all eligible contributors is a flat rate of $2,500. To apply, visit:
If the deceased was at their job when they passed, the family should check for benefits available from the employer or union.
Saskatchewan Worker's Compensation Board
200–1881 Scarth St
Regina, SK S4P 4L1
Phone: (306) 787-4370
Toll Free: 1-800-667-7590
RCMP - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - Call or visit your nearest detachment
- Where can I go if I or someone I know is being abused?
Tisdale: 1302-102 St - Phone: (306) 878-3810
Melfort: 1006 Main St - Phone: (306) 752-6420
Nipawin: 119 Nipawin Rd E - Phone: (306) 862-2670
Carrot River: 245-2nd St W - Phone: (306) 768-1200
Hudson Bay: 201 Patricia St - Phone: (306) 865-5550
Porcupine Plain: 343 Walnut St - Phone: (306) 278-8180
Kelvington: 210-2nd Ave W - Phone: (306) 327-1200
Rose Valley: 123-2nd Ave S - Phone: (306) 322-2550
Naicam: 400-1st Ave - Phone: (306) 874-2142
North East Outreach and Support Services - 24/7
Kids Help Phone - 24/7
Seniors Neglect & Abuse Response Line
Phone: (306) 764-1011
- Where can I get a cell phone/SIM card?
1011-100 St, Tisdale
Phone: (306) 873-2773
718 Main St, Melfort
Phone: (306) 752-9522
109 Macleod Ave, Melfort
Prairie Mobile Communications
222 Centre St, Nipawin
Phone: (306) 862-3164
- Who do I contact to get a post office box to receive mail?
Most communities have a Canada Post Office, or offer Canada Post services within another business.
Find your nearest Canada Post by searching online
Credit Unions in Tisdale, Melfort, Nipawin, Choiceland, White Fox, Carrot River, Gronlid, St. Brieux, Star City, Porcupine Plain, Hudson Bay, Archerwill, Rose Valley, Kelvington, Naicam
- Where can I open a bank account, or get a credit card, or a loan?
RBC Royal Bank in Tisdale, Melfort, and Nipawin.
Scotia Bank in Tisdale, Melfort, Nipawin and Hudson Bay
BMO Bank of Montreal in Tisdale and Nipawin
CIBC in Melfort
TD Canada Trust in Melfort
Western Union - Scotia Bank - Tisdale, Melfort, and Nipawin
- Where do I go to send money to family in my home country?
Western Union - H & R Block - Melfort
Western Union - Money Mart - Melfort
Western Union - Save U Foods IGA - Nipawin
You should contact to utility company directly. Find contact information on our Housing page.
- I don't have enough money to pay my bills this month. Who should I contact for help?
For emergency cases you can contact Social Services - Saskatchewan Income Support (SIS)
Toll fee: 1-866-221-5200 - general line
Any accounting agency in your community.
- Who can I contact to learn about taxes and to complete my income tax return?
Contact Northeast Newcomer Services to a list of FREE income tax preparation locations each year.