*See the Bulletin Board for job opportunities in the Northeast that have been shared directly with Northeast Newcomer Services.​​
Can-Sask Career and Employment Services (CES)
Canada - Saskatchewan Career and Employment Services helps you learn where the jobs are and what types of work you want to do. They help you improve your skills and employment prospects, and link the abilities of Saskatchewan's workers with the needs of employers.

SaskJobs Website
Database of Saskatchewan-wide job postings, with descriptions.

Government of Canada Job Bank
Database of Canada-wide job postings, with descriptions.

Social Insurance Number (SIN)
The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a nine-digit number that you need to work in Canada or have access to government programs and benefits.

Employment Insurance (EI)
Employment Insurance (EI) provides temporary financial assistance to unemployed Canadians who have lost their job through no fault of their own, while they look for work or upgrade their skills.
Canadians who are sick, pregnant, or caring for a newborn or adopted child, as well as those who must care for a family member who is seriously ill with a significant risk of death or who must provide care or support to their critically ill or injured child, may also be assisted by Employment Insurance.

Information Services Corporation (ISC)
Information Services Corporation is a publicly-traded Saskatchewan business corporation responsible for registry-related information services. This is a great resource for anybody looking into self-employment.

The official website of Saskatchewan Immigration - Working in Saskatchewan
Learn more about finding work and becoming familiar with Saskatchewan workplaces.

Rights and Responsibilities - A Guide to Labour Standards in Saskatchewan
This guide answers common questions about your rights and responsibilities in the workplace, such as minimum wage, benefits, public holidays, vacation pay, lay-offs, employment insurance and maternity leave.

Federal Labour Standards
Federal Labour Standards set out minimum standards that federally regulated employers and employees must follow, for example farmers and their employees.

Occupational Health & Safety Guide
This guide provides a plain language explanation of provisions of The Occupational Health and Safety Act 1993 for all provincially regulated workplaces doing work in Saskatchewan, including all businesses from outside of Saskatchewan.

Federal Occupational Health and Safety Regulations

Canada Labour Code

Saskatchewan Program Integrity and Legislation Unit
The Program Integrity and Legislation Unit is an important part of Saskatchewan’s Immigration Services. The Unit works to protect the rights of foreign workers and immigrants in the province.

Immigrant Access Fund (IAF)
​​​An IAF loan can help if you are a newcomer and struggling to pay for the costs of the Canadian licensing or training you need so you can work in your pre-immigration career.

Frequently Asked Questions:
  • Where can I learn about starting my own business?
Community Futures Newsask (Tisdale)
​​Phone: (306) 873-4449
  • I don't think my employer is being fair. Who can I talk to?
Employment Standards Office - Prince Albert
Phone: (306) 953-2715 - employmentstandards@gov.sk.ca

Employment Standards - Foreign Worker Recruitment and Protection Unit
Phone: (306) 798-1350 Toll Free: 1-833-626-9424
  • ​I think I'm being discriminated against or harassed at work. Who can I talk to?
Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission
Toll free: 1-800-667-9249

Canadian Human Rights Commission
  • Who should I talk to if I am laid off at work?
Service Canada
(will help to apply for EI and other benefits)
See Preparing for Work - SIN Card - Service Canada

​Labour Market Services
Phone: (306) 953-2488 to book an appt near you